CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 28, 2005

Fear and Loathing

The literary world lost a major contributor in the death of Hunter S. Thompson. Although I was on vacation from work last week, I was up really early and saw the news online. It was such a bummer. Years ago I read Hells Angels and enjoyed his adventures. I decided to try Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and laughed so hard that I nearly wet my pants. That book truly won me over. I was glad that other cool media outlets gave him props. The Daily Show played a video blurb along with his name and years while Democracy Now's Amy Goodman paid tribute. I've always wanted to read Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail because I feel that's an era of history that I know very little about and who's a better guide than HST? I'm going to read it with an appreciation that I wouldn't had previously. HST studied the death of Ernest Hemingway. I wish he hadn't been such a good student...

2 comments:

Harry Ballicker said...

Been wanting to read Fear, loathe, Vegas for a while. Gonna pick it up soon.

Crystal Myth said...

You'll laugh your bawls off! I saw the hemReuters coverage on your peeps week in Paris, very nice!

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com