CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 19, 2004

illin'

I'm about to call in sick, I must look hypocritical as I'm at the computer but put it this way, I shouldn't be too far from the bathroom.

I can't believe this country voted for Bush. While on vacation, I had the opportunity to read The Corporation : the Pathological Pursuit of Profit and Power by Joel Bakan. This is the book that formed the basis for the documentary by the same name. It's a great read, it reinforces the points in the movie. The bottom line, with no pun intended, is that coporations exist solely to make money. That's fine but my big problem is these corporations act like they have a social conscience. Meanwhile, they're scamming consumers and the workers from the third world big time. Corporate Watch is an excellent site for tracking the public relations bullshit of major businesses. I also read what turned out to be an excellent "companion" book, The New Media Monopoly,7th edition by Ben H. Bagdikian. This title lays out the corporate ties found in American media. Appalling. I find it incredible that the majority of U.S. citizens are so sheep-like. As long as they can get their Crackdonald's and their SUV's, it's all good.

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com