CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, December 12, 2004

I miss hockey...

plain and simple. Most Buffalo peeps are down with football, but not me. I tried. Even when da Bills were in the Stupor Bowls. I had little to no interest. Football on TV is too stop and go for me. Hockey is where it's at--fast paced and always a chance for a throwdown. The season has been put on hold since the players and the NHL can't agree on new contract terms. Today marks day 88 of the lockout. However, there may be some movement on Tuesday as the players have submitted a new proposal that includes rollbacks on salaries. In the meantime, I'm seriously jonesing. No Hockey Night in Canada and no brawls. The closest I got was basketbrawl with the Pistons and the Pacers. I started trolling the Internet in search of hockey fight video and came up with some good ones. Here's a classic brawl from this past season. My hockey hero Rob Ray led the way by mixing it up with Philly's Donald Brashear. When all was said and done, the refs handed out 419 minutes in penalties (in one game) to an assortment of players, an NHL record. Check it out here!
This same site,which promotes itself as "tasteless humor for the unemployed", has a fight reel set to some cool music.
Big ups to hockeyfights.com one of my favorite sites. Let's hope Christmas comes early for hockey fans.

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com