CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Tops Never Stops Ripping You Off

If you know anything about Bah-flo, NY, you know that overall we have decent supermarkets. We'd better as there are a lot of large and in-charge peeps who are scared of vegetables and down with chemicalized food to supplement their chicken wings (pronounced in Buffalo parlance as "checken wahngs") beef on weck (aka beef on "wick", love the flat a sound around here) and pizza fixes. Nonetheless, I digress. Tops was an Italian owned supermarket that had a good inventory which included decent produce and in-house bakery products. Sometime in the 1970's Wegmans Supermarkets from nearby Rochester, NY invaded the Buffalo/Western New York area and gave homegrown Tops (aka Flops) a run for its money. Smegmans succeeded especially in light of the fact that the original owners sold out to a Dutch concern (Royal Ahold aka Royal Assholes) that has been having some scandalous issues. Smegmans produce, deli, and inventory kick total ass next to Flops. The personnel that works at Wegmans is a lot friendlier than most of the surly kids that I run into.
Tops along with many other businesses are looking for ways to reduce their costs. Eliminating staff and turning you, yes you the customer, into your own chief cashier has been one of their goals. If I have a major order, I wait for the surly kids to schlep it. If not, I do it myself and get the hell out of that anti-Christ bohemoth. Why do I go there? As much as I love me some Smegmans, Smeg's isn't centrally located. Flops is right near my place. Anyway, I decided to become a Flops employee on my way home last night. I bought some tomato sauce, cream cheese, and shredded pizza cheese and did the self checkout. I was cleaning up my place and just found the receipt. At the bottom it said, "I'm glad you shopped here today. Your Cashier--Whitney" As Mrs. Broflovsky from South Park would say "Wha?Wha?What?" Whitney didn't do shitney as far as getting my order out the door! She may have been supervising the four self checkouts but she didn't do squat in assisting. That's a total insult--they want you to be free labor and then they have the balls to say some skank ho who I didn't even see performed a service. Wrong! I hate that store and will return to Smegs asap!!

1 comments:

Harry Ballicker said...

You speak the truth Child!
Any company dumb enough to hire my sister has got to go!! Slops never stops being wrong!

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com