CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Jack Mehoffer



Buffalo along with several large cities has fallen victim to the "Jack" format. Ugh! Another cheesy gimmick created to try and retain the few music radio listeners that are left. As someone who has worked for the medium, let me congratulate the despardoes that instituted this piece of crap. It's an attempt to mimick people's Ipods by playing seemingly random music. A station ID is dropped in periodically to reflect some faux snarky attitude. Give it a rest. How stupid do these programmers think we are?! People are seeking the refuge of their Ipods, CD's, or Internet radio for a reason. I'm a female who is over 30 but I'm not ready for a steady diet of "vagina rock" (thanks Fry for this term, which refers to Sara McLaughlin, Tori Amos, etc.). I'm in a desirable marketing demographic but unlike most women my age, I'm not a soccer mom who has lost my youth. I listen to everything from rap to classical to punk rock to jazz and I'm always looking for cool new electronica. I think Jack is dedicated to dudes 18-34 but they're into mook tunes not re-packaged 80's music (e.g. "Let's Hear for the Boy" Denice Williams aaaaagh!!!). I can't wait to see how they'll make this piece of shit float. It's audiovisual time... Just Jack Mehoffer!

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com