CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Sirius Drama & Kickin' it Cupcake Style



Sidekick and fellow sugarhound extraordinaire, Dyke Rite, and I had a slumber party/ Xmas cookie bake-off as we ceremoniously listened to radio history when Howard Stern left terrestrial radio on December 16, 2005. Unlike most chicks, I get down with technology and soon found myself having Sirius equipment envy (although for the record my weiner is larger than D.R.'s haw-haw). Spike Rite and I made so many freakin' cookies that I had to return to his hut in the hinterlands on the following Monday. In the meantime, I determined that I need to hear Howard in his new home starting next month. I also realize that I'm underemployed and must watch my expenses. I determined that if I dropped Blowtime aka Showtime from my satellite TV package, I could swing the Sirius subscription cost. The real bitch about Sirius is trying to find decently priced equipment. Considering my finances, I don't want the outlay to be ridiculous. The only decently priced set is one that has been out of production for about six months and it happens to be on sale at CompUsa aka ChumpUsa. I hauled my styx to the Amherst location and found the receiver only to learn that the home and car docking stations were out of stock. This is when I began learning about the ilk employed at computer/electronic stores. After I had sloppy tard boy check the stock and he reported that they were out, I asked, "When will you have it in?" Response: "Eventually" (code for "I don't fuckin' know nor do I care cuz I ain't working here past January.") I bought the receiver anyway and went in search of the docking stations at Circuit Shitty. The clerk at that store was less grubby and was a little more knowledgable. He explained that the manufacturer was no longer working with Sirius and that finding the docking station for my receiver could be a real pain in the ass. On a last ditch attempt, I went to Worst Buy (Paulie Paul's favorite) and was ignored for a good five minutes until I latched onto a clueless couple who was also looking for a Sirius receiver as a gift. They walked out with one that didn't have a tuning knob and the recipient will probably return it as operating the receiver without the knob is a nightmare. Overweight and unshaven sales slob informed me that they were out of the model that I wanted but that they were receiving a "drop shipment" (UPS delivery straight from the manufacturer) sometime that day. But he only worked until 4, he'd take my name and number and call me if the shipment came. Before I bolted to D.R.'s I decided to return my receiver because I would've been pissed if the docking stations never materialized. Much later in the day, the Worst Buy clerk called my cellie and said that the item arrived but I had to be there by 3 p.m. because that's when he's going home. Oh well. I'll have to wait 'til after Xmas. If I don't get it by Howard's first show, Dyke Rite invited me to sleep over so I wouldn't miss out. I'm sure Dookay will be thrilled to hear us two idiots whooping it up first thing in the a.m. while he conducts law skrewl 101.


Photo courtesy of Mike Rite

Paulie Paul found a video that gets ghetto while it salutes my flavorite cupcake shop in NYC. Memories of my pms throwdown with some nanny douche while getting my hook-up. Check it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get my email of the "Lazy Sunday" video from this week's SNL? It gives mad props to Fagnolia and incidentally has become the rage all over the Ennernet.

As an aspiring comedy writer, I'm fascinated by the buzz it's generated since Saturday night. The Village Voice even said it might be better than most of the hip hop shat out by the major labels. And it was just a parody!

Here's the link again:

http://youtube.com/watch.php?v=IggTu7kV7No&search=lazy%20sunday%20snl

Crystal Myth said...

No, I didn't get the she-mail with that video, which is the one I've linked to. As you already know it's a great parody, and it salutes an NYC sugar mainstay. I get serious food wood when I eat one of those sugary/buttery dee-lites.
Btw, are your styx coming home for grimmy or what?

Harry Ballicker said...

That bitch was totally on the Rag-nolia - fucking stroller beeyotch! Disrespecting for a cupcake!
TWAT!

Crystal Myth said...

Ya know, I wish I could remember how the whole thing with the nanny went down. Essentially, I had pms, needed my sugar, and wasn't in the mood for tunabag nor her charge. I said something really snotty and ended up calling her a C U Next Tuesday.

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com