CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 12, 2006

Me 1 Telemarketer 0

Like so many others, I'm on the federal and state do not call lists. Of course, some "charities" are allowed to call thanks to the loopholes that the laws provide. I was listening to a program on my I Pod (via the stereo) and doing things around my place when the phone rang. Thinking that it was French Fry I picked up the phone only to be greeted with noise then "Hello is Mrs. so and so in?" To a single chick such as myself the Mrs. is a red flag and a cue to have some fun. I replied, "Who's calling?"
The telemarketer tried to launch into her spiel..."I'm not selling anything. I'm Denise and I'm calling from the blah blah Diabetes Association..."

With a serious but annoyed tone, I replied, "Oh, no thanks, I don't want any diabetes." As I hung up the phone, I cackled and said, "I rock."

2 comments:

Harry Ballicker said...

Aw Dude, you know you gotta give props to me for that one.

I just got the March of Dimes the other day and told them I prefer quarters to dimes -
click.
hahaha!

Crystal Myth said...

Haw-haw, good one! Now that I'm thinking about it, I prolly did hear your spin on the "I-don't-want-blank-disease" and filed in my Rolodex of sassy retorts. Totally made me cackle!

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com