CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 20, 2006

The Puffer



I never had the chance to discuss the Transportation Safety Administration's latest terrorist prevention gizmo. I experienced this on my way to Los Angeles via the Buffalo Niagara International Airport. It was about 4:30 a.m. and myself and others were told to go through the recently installed "Puffer". My sensibilities were offended as it was so early in the morning and I had a roundtrip ticket but I cooperated otherwise I wouldn't be able to fly.
Stepping into the machine made me feel as if I were in a high-tech science fiction movie. It blew air up my skirt but not Marilyn Monroe style. Nonetheless, it gave me the willies as I felt very invaded. I looked down while it did its thing. Perhaps I was just too impatient but it seemed to be taking too long. I didn't want to look up because I didn't want it capturing images of me. Don'tcha know, as soon as I looked up within two seconds, the door opened. I'm sure that's been added to my permanent record card.

In light of the propaganda oriented event in London a couple of weeks ago, Buffalonians (along with other Americans) feel compelled to turn over their privacy to Big Brother in the name of "protection". Here's an excerpt of a letter from today's paper:

Real people and free people need to decide if it is more important to be inconvenienced by travel without liquids and gels or risk the lives of thousands. Much to the credit of Americans, they are being cooperative in light of developments in the United Kingdom. How will they behave a week from now? Or a month from now? Or, I hesitate to think, five years from now?
When will we wake up to the reality of this terrorist threat?
Look dude, this is probably another trumped up event just to make everyone capitulate to less privacy so that governmental entities can pick through your panties (literally). Think about it. They've banned liquids and gels, with the exception of medical items/devices so you can't remove your contacts if you need to or adjust your falsies if you're transgendered. But as so rightly put on today's Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me from NPR we can still bring laptops with exploding batteries aboard commercial flights. Give me a break!
Btw, if you wan't to see what's next on the agenda, click here. Read the CASPIAN press release here.

2 comments:

Harry Ballicker said...

I can't wait to get an airport Blow Job. You know I'm gonna thank them for the BJ when I fly back to Newark from San Fran. I'm also gonna stick out my toungue or make weeetard face when I'm getting blown.
I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. TSA

Anonymous said...

Why haven't you updated your blog???

Enquiring minds want to know...

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com