CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Baaaahflo, WTF?










Loser gets ready for another shitty Baaaahflo winter.

From the National Weather Service...

THE BUFFALO AIRPORT HAD OFFICIALLY RECEIVED 3 INCHES OF SNOW THROUGH 8PM. THIS MAKES OCTOBER 12, 2006 THE THIRD SNOWIEST DAY IN OCTOBER IN 137 YEARS OF WEATHER RECORDS. SIX INCHES OF SNOW OCCURRED ON OCTOBER 13, 1909 AND AGAIN ON OCTOBER 31, 1917.

I've seen everything-- slush, sun, lightning,rain and hail all in one day. My lights are flickering so I'd better make this quick...I wore backless shoes and I did not have a snow brush in my car--I only had a window scaper. I no longer park in a covered lot in downtown Buffalo. I had to pull over on the I-190 to rid the turning mechanism of my windshield wipers of snow/sleet/ice so that they'd work properly. Despite the fact that I cleared it before I left the city. I didn't find any relief until I hit the southern portion of Eeeerie County. Incredible. Why do I live here?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why DO you live there? If the Great Friday the 13th Snowstorm of '06 doesn't sound some alarms, nothing will. I seriously would have snapped a tether if I had been there.

Glad your power's back on.

Incidentally, we had our first significant rain since May or June last night.

Crystal Myth said...

Did everybody run to the store in search of "essentials" i.e. pop, beer, chips, Bison dip, every milk product available, and dupa paper? When I was at Flops, I saw holes where the above existed.

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of the Blizzard of '77. I climbed a mountain of snow only to find buttermilk remaining in the dairy case at Twin Fair.

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com