CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Cryin' Shame

Unfortunately, I can't locate the image but could people stop literally crying over sports losses? The cover of the New York Post recently featured some little tool from Babylon, Wrong Island boo-hooing over the Mets getting knocked out of the play-offs. I heard some tearful grown woman doing as much on an audio clip via CBS news. What's wrong with these people? Granted the little tool is only 6 years old and is now a "celebrity" after having his mug all over the place. But the adult? Come on! There are far greater tragedies in the world than loser sports teams. Those dudes still get a serious paycheck at the end of the day. I'm down with the NHL program but you'll never see me shed real tears over losses--believe me being a Sabres fan is a tough task but I take it in stride. It's called balance and awareness of the world beyond sports, beyond the U.S. Get real people!

p.s. Gore Vidal interview on Canadian TV's The Hour, he rules.

----------------
Now playing: Luscious Jackson - Naked Eye
via FoxyTunes

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com