CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Feces @ Your Library/ Ain't No Stopping Us Now...




It's a two-fer or two mints in one. On Monday, I walked out of my work area and a horrible smell permeated the hall. No surprise as I'm not too far from the public restrooms and sometimes it just smells like urine/ass. The floors are rather mottled in coloration--think a calico cat. I looked down as I walked and saw something the size of a Baby Ruth that blended into the floor. Naahh--it couldn't be....sho'nuff! Feces! I returned to my office, called maintenance and told them in the most delicate way that they had a job to do. I learned later that the maintenance guy had to follow the "trail of tears" because Mr. Download let loose on the first floor, too! It brought back NYC memories of "shake, rattle, and roll" or as Paulie warned me, bums who couldn't or wouldn't find a bathroom who would let the solid byproduct roll down their pant legs. Many people think public libraries are so genteel. Considering that there are fewer and fewer resources for the indigent and/or mentally ill we get all kinds of crazy shit--quite literally!

Speaking of shit, newsflash Alaska Governor Sarah Palin is John McCain's running mate! If he wins, we could have our first female president by default! Palin is anti-choice, which means trouble for women in their childbearing years. Quite frankly, once again this is a contest between Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich. Neither candidate does anything for me--they're essentially the same. My protest vote goes to Cynthia McKinney
She won't win but I can actually support her.

Which leads me to the Obama speech last night at the DNC. The major networks had little/nothing to do with the convention, which really surprised me. I guess "Wife Swap" and the "Greatest American Dog" should take precedence over what happens in the political arena...anyway... While we were waiting for his appearance, music was played. "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" was on and the reactions were hi-fuckin'-larious! The camera panned to some of the whitest people EVER who either got down in a robotic way or didn't do anything. After awhile, synchronized flag waving in time to the song reigned supreme over the white folk. Meanwhile, various sista squirrelfriends and bruthamen were mouthing the words and shakin' their boo-tay, totally reprazentin'! Thank God! I realize the DNC is pretty soulless but jeez. They also played what I call the Paul Wellstone funeral theme..."Love Train". I say it's his funeral theme because when they had a funeral service for him, his wife and daughter who perished in a plane crash, they played the song over and over and over until everything was in place. Whenever I hear it, I think of Wellstone.

----------------


----------------
Now playing:
McFadden and Whitehead - Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now
via FoxyTunes

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com