CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Freaky Friday


Howdy Neighbor,
We were both leaving the apartment complex where I live and where I think you live. You drove ahead, reached the top of the driveway and turned left. You didn't use your signal but I didn't expect you to. You had your cell phone perched between your scrunched up shoulder and your ear. We reached the end of the street, stopped for the stop sign and proceeded to the next light. It turned green but the conversation must have been really interesting because you stopped under the green light. I looked to see if someone or something was in your way. Your inability to multi-task is what made you grind to a halt. I hit the horn. You stuck your head out the window and gave me a "what for?!" look. I pointed at the light to try and communicate that it was green. Then I made a phone out of my pinkie and index fingers and placed it near my ear followed by a hang up motion. You made "blah, blah" stop lecturing me about driving and talking gestures. I made "you look like a dumb girl blathering on the phone" gestures. You responded by flipping me your dirty finger--literally, your hand was grubby. I kept the dumb girl on phone bit going as you drove. You dead stopped in the street so I'd have to hit the brakes. I beeped in response. We approached the traffic circle. You were first but I had my single on first. I guess you can't be responsible for making the right moves at the right time when you're busy talking on the phone *and* yelling at me because you were in the wrong. You were nice enough to use your left turning signal when you hit the Rite Aid. I made a "eat my TWA-tea" gesture with my fingers and mouth.

Was any of this necessary? Granted, I shouldn't of indulged in the childish gesture bit but I am so over people who make their phone priority 1. If you love your phone that much, get a headset so you can drive and talk. Even better, stay home and talk. I had to go to work. He probably had to hit Rite Aid to pick up some crab lice meds. I will applaud myself for not flipping him off.

----------------
Now playing: Johnny Cash - Drive On
via FoxyTunes

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com