CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 26, 2008

Word Up, Wanda!!

I should be going to bed but I can't help but share my excitement over the nomination of Wanda Jackson to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! Granted, there are a lot of people who argue about who should be there e.g. it ain't Mike Rite's R&RHF until KISS makes it but it is the way we pay homage to music stars of recent history.




Back in March of this year, the Buffalo Niagara Film Festival featured a film about Wanda Jackson The Sweet Lady with the Nasty Voice. They also brought her to town for Q&A and a concert. I couldn't think of anyone else who would go to this event so I got myself a ticket and went. I bought an autographed photo of her and got to shake her hand. Sooo cool. Something told me to make every effort to go and I'm so glad I did!! The photo above is a little a harsh but trust me, she is a sweet, elegant lady who still rocks. The pink guitar is part of a line with her name on it. Elvis Costello has been making the case for her induction and all I can say is it's about damn time. Congratulations Wanda!!!

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com