CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Getting My Vote On...

I live in NYS so the the lesser of the two evils i.e. Barack Obama should win. If I lived in the "must win" states, I'd vote for Obama (but I'd hold my nose while I did so). In 2004, I held my nose and voted for John Kerry. I feared that voter fraud would negate my vote so I went with the flow.I'm more confident now so I can vote my conscious even though it means getting comments such as "you wasted your vote". No, just because I voted for a 3rd party candidate who was not invited to the table to debate doesn't mean my vote is a waste. It allows me to support someone who's stance reflects my own beliefs even if they don't have a chance in hell. Isn't that the American way?

I don't like McCain/Palin--plain and simple. There is nothing to like. Obama isn't a bad guy. Compared to what we're dealing with now he looks like a knight in shining armor but he and Biden aren't that far off from the Republicans. Obama/Biden talk a good game but in the end, they are beholden to nearly the same masters/financial interests that McCain/Palin are. Obama/Biden just seem more benign.

My choice? Cynthia "Whoop Ass" McKinney and Rosa Clemente of the Green Party. Why? Ron Paul couldn't get on the ballot nor could Dennis Kucinich (raised 35 articles of impeachment against Bush) so I can't vote for either of them. I could do a write-in but I have another choice. As a Congresswoman in 2004, Cynthia opened her can of whoop ass on Donald Rumsfeld and called him on the DynCorp shenanigans. Private mercenaries getting their sex trade on---PIGS who kept Pentagon contracts while they did this:



She's a homegirl who's willing to throwdown and make mincemeat out Rummy. She spoke out on the aftereffects of Katrina:
http://www.democracynow.org/2006/2/16/georgia_rep_cynthia_mckinney_blasts_government

I believe I am being radical in supporting a Black woman and an Hispanic woman for president and vice president. When the peeps start bitching "Where's the change?", I can be satisfied that I didn't vote for the mainstream. And I'm in good company.

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com