CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Doin' it for da Chi'drens!



It's election day and a day off for me. I'm taking 'em while I can still get 'em. I conned Mike Rite into seeing the new Wallace and Gromit movie. We decided to hit the earliest show to try and avoid kids who tend to make too much noise. Thankfully the audience was small although it was mostly kids. Parents present looked at us enviously because we didn't have any rugrats in tow. The movie was really good. Nick Park is British and therefore his sense of humor was a bit too sophisticated for American children and their dopey ass parents. There were all sorts of gags, some intended for kids, some not, that Rite and I snickered over. The rest of the audience had little to no reaction. Today's audiences have to be beaten over the head before they find the humor in something. How sad. I was really amazed at the adults who didn't laugh at the things intended for us. If it were that whiney sonofabitch Seinfeld they would've eaten up like greasy pizza. Why do I have to live in the most dumbed down nation in the world?
On an unrelated note, I just purchased the new Beavis and Butthead DVD only to learn that it sucks according to several Amazon reviews. Luckily, I didn't open it so I'll take it back and buy something worthwhile. Family Guy comes to mind--check out their "tribute" to the FCC. I wish the B&B crew would get it right. They keep releasing inferior DVD product and fans are up in arms!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the Wallace & Gromit movie was very pro-vegetarian, didn't you? I saw it at the Arclight Cinemadome in Hollyweird. If you ever get out here to visit, I'm taking you there. I hope you stayed for the closing credits to see the bunnies dancing. They were so cute!

Crystal Myth said...

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the vegetarian angle but I thought I was reading too much into it. Of course we were the only ones who stayed for the end credits. The kids prolly had to go home to their video games.

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com