CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Burp

I remember when Howard Stern was leaving terrestrial radio for satellite.I wasn't certain whether or not I wanted to follow him. I kept saying aloud, "But who am I going to burp with in the morning once he's gone?". It started back in the day when Spike Rite lived in Michael Jackson Heights, Queens and I was on the scene to get a firsthand Archie Bunker p.o.v. We're eating breakfast, surfing the 'net, and listening to Howard. He was doing a live commercial read for Aamco. As he read the tag line, "Double "a"--mco" he paused in between the double a and the mco to let out a sow
belch. I looked at Rite and said, "Did he just burp?". Rite confirmed and I just about fell off my chair with laughter. Granted, I'm an adult chick who shouldn't dig bodily expulsions from a grown man but as long as I can't smell 'em, it's all good. Quite often Howie will belch and I'll do it right back at 'em. This morning I farted at him. Immature? You bet, but at least I'm laughing my dupa off in the a.m.
I lifted the quote below from the sound bite that I linked to--I couldn't resist. I have more TiVO drama to write about but I'll wait to post. Big business is so fucked up.




Because less than 3% of you people read books. Because less than 15% of you people read newspapers. Because the only truth you know is what you get over this tube. Right now there is a whole generation that never knew anything that didn't come out of this tube. This tube is the Gospel. The ultimate revelation. This tube can make or break Presidents, Popes, and Prime Ministers. This tube is the most awesome godamn force in the whole godless world and woe is us if it ever falls into the hands of the wrong people.

Howard Beale in Network (1976)

2 comments:

Harry Ballicker said...

Hey Dude!

Loved the "Belch" link. Was that Homer Simpson or did you record that one yourself??
Awesome.

Crystal Myth said...

I knew you'd get down--haw-haw! I found an online link to the appropriate sound effect. They asked that the user not deep link to it but they can lick it. What am I Web Master (fresh)? With time and room to accomodate audio files? Anyway, you should've heard him Fri. am--he did a poker Web site ad and belched the word "poker". I was applying my puss and nearly ruined my eye make up as I was crying w/laughter.

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com