CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Flops Mosh Pit

It's no secret that I hate shopping at Flops Communist Supermarkets. It was a mosh pit for some reason--apparently all day as the frazzled workers indicated. Anyway, I grabbed a stubby cart and purchased cat food (what else?), cat treats (ditto), cat litter and two four packs of Johnnie Ryan soda (with real sugar). The lines were so ridiculous that I stood parallel to the registers behind a little old lady. Another register suddenly opened. A man yelled, "Mother, Mother another register is opening c'mon up!" She started to move when a little, middle-aged women who may have been standing in what she perceived to be a line started making skeevy gestures. Hanging with my NYC peeps has taught me to watch for people on the make. The old lady got in ahead of her son. The son and his mate looked at me as if I was going to make trouble. I said, "Go ahead, sir."--I wasn't about to interfere with someone extending a kindness to an elderly person, especially their own mom. I firmly planted myself behind them. A short, middle-aged woman looked up at me and declared, "You weren't in line."

"Yes, I was. I was standing behind that elderly lady who just went ahead." Another couple tried to argue with me about where they were in line but I stood my ground. They turned out to be okay and lived with the situation.

Shorty looked at the contents of my cart and said, "How rude. I only have one thing." (Like I had 42 things and was violating the "15 items or less" edict) As she started to walk away, I said, "You weren't in line. You were walking around!" It was the God's honest truth. The way I saw it, Ms. Biznitch thought she could just cut because she didn't have a cart. Just because you're schlepping some crummy store made rolls doesn't give you the right to get in my way. I'm tired of being taken for some dope who will just give in as someone violates my space. I hope those rolls join the others on your hips and ass you dried up old TWA Tea!



----------------
Now playing: The Clash - Lost in the Supermarket
via FoxyTunes

1 comments:

Harry Ballicker said...

gurlllllllll. You know Shmegman's rules! Flops Unfriendly Martians blows chunks!

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com