CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 01, 2005

Back in the NY Groove



I spent a lovely three day week-end with funky fresh Paulie Paul and Pavs. I needed a breath of fresh air and a little culture. Mission accomplished. It's getting late and I have lots to do so here's the highlights. The Coco Chanel exhibit at the Met is winding down. It's worth seeing. Her work is truly timeless. Matisse: The Fabric of Dreams was very nice. An interesting marriage of art and textiles.

We took a field trip to Williamsburg, Brooklyn . We stopped at a gallery,Brooklyn Industries (hip clothing store), and a great bookstore. This kitty was cold chillin' near the postcards.

We strapped on our feedbag at several great places including my favorite cupcake shop, Magnolia. White cupcakes with blue frosting are to die for! We were on hand for the last night of Osno's, a Williamsburg restaurant with a Middle Eastern flavor. I had their last Morroccan beer, yum! That's about as close as I'm getting to Morrocco for the time being. Osno's is moving to a better location and should re-open shortly.

I found out from the boys that the monument at Washington Square Park was recently cleaned. It looked quite striking as you can see.



Look carefully for cheesy tourists at the bottom of the photo. If it's not already obvious, I'm giving my digital a workout. Props to my boy McRite for techie support.

Guess who was on my flight to NY? Ned Regan, former State Comptroller and Erie County Executive. He's been chosen to head the Erie County (out of) Control Board. Read why he scares me in my first story for WNY Media Network.

Just to be super obnoxious, here's a photo of my cat who totally rules!

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com