CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Day at the Laundromat


Holy trailer park Batman! I had to go to the laundromat this morning. The dryer in my building is "broke" as the sign says. It's evident the property managers are English majors. Anyway...It's been that way for a few days. I could've used a machine in another building but to be honest with you, I'm tired of feeding "the man" my dough for lame ass tenant service. I really resent schlepping my stuff from building to building and paying for the privilege. So I hauled my styx to the laundromat, which is a 5 minute drive from my place. I live in a well-to-do lily white community so you can imagine what dregs of the universe hang at the 'mat. As I cased the joint, I spotted a trailer mom, complete with a tatoo on her calf. She was smoking outside and accompanied by her young daughter. Can anyone say "Brandine"?



I ventured inside and was greeted by a few scaggy eyed Kirk Van Houten types--you know the kind, single or divorced, sorry assed dudes who probably have alcohol, financial, and other sundried problems that you want nothing to do with. Of course I caught the eye of a least a couple of them despite my efforts to be aloof and disguise myself with sunglasses. The machines were the same price as the ones in my building but the capacity seemed a bit larger. Hmmm...I wonder if this was a misperception on my part or if I confirmed that the landlord is trying to make tenants do more loads for profitability's sake. I loaded the machines and bolted. There was no way I was parking my dupa there for the long haul as the atmosphere was rather demoralizing and depressing. The skeevy dudes didn't make things any better. On the upside, I didn't give extra money to my cheap ass landlords. Laundry is a built-in scam in this complex. Also, I saved a little scratch but not when you factor in the cost of gas.
Overall, this experience just solidifies my need to invest in some real estate so I can do my laundry with a sense of privacy/dignity and not worry about having enough quarters to take care of biz. You see, the management provides washers/dryers but no change machines. Assholes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ran into a Brandine as I was exiting a Mobil station today. She was approaching the door as I was exiting, lit cigarette in mouth and winning lottery ticket in hand. I held the door for her but she mustered that she needed to put out her smoke in the butt dump which was behind the door I was holding open for her. Isn't smoking around 10 active gas pumps kinna dangerous?

Crystal Myth said...

Kinna.

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com