CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 25, 2005

Judas Priest




Hang on tight kids--this is a rough ride! While surfing one of my favorite blogs Veiled Conceit, I stumbled on an interesting theory. The VC blogger accuses John Roberts,the Supreme Court nominee, of being a Judas Priest fan and links to a video documentary that purportedly shows Roberts repping his fave metal band. I don't know if any of this true or just a weird coincidence. This film was made in 1986 in the Washington, DC area. It is a complete scream. The cheezy fashions and hair don'ts are priceless. If you grew up in the 80's, it's a must-see trip down memory lane. I attended an anonymous high school in Cheektowaga, NY and it was all for the heavy metal. God help you if you liked anything else. I dabbled in all kinds of music but was down with new wave by the end of my high school career. Anyway, two guys who I graduated with were hardcore Judas Priest fans. I thought of them and laughed after lead singer Rob Halford publicly acknowledged that he is gay. Something tells me they've renounced him. I applauded him. Mad props to my high school partner in crime and MR, heavy metal frootloop from the Southtowns!
John G. Roberts was born in Buffalo, NY. His father was employed as an executive by Bethlehem Steel and had the good sense to bolt before things got rough for the rank and file in the '70's.

3 comments:

Harry Ballicker said...

Dude!!!
I'm trying to recover from this one, Holy Shit!!!
The JP parking lot is a Triumph, pardon the pun.
B&B rocking out is awesome!!
I have something to say to any former JP fans from High School:
"You say and think that you ain't gay? You gotta nutha thing coming, you gotta nutha thing coming"
Takes one to know one!
Mr. Ballicker

Crystal Myth said...

Rock on, HB!

Anonymous said...

I howled when the one chick said she'd jump Rob Halford's bones. I hope she kept an eye on her boyfriend to make sure he didn't!
And the 20-year-old dude making out with the 13-year-old girl???? EEEEEEEWWWWW!!!!! 13 will get you 20!
I was sooooooo not into that whole scene.

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com