CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Smell Phones


Hate 'em. Yeah, I own one. I have a basic plan and use it for emergencies and weekend long distance. I won't upgrade my plan because I don't use the phone enough to make it fiscally worthwhile especially given my underemployed circumstances. I'm irritated over the fact that I have a landline at home so I can receive DSL service. Sure I could use high speed cable access but the combined expense of digital cable and their internet service once again isn't worth my money. In an ideal world, I should be able to ditch my landline, keep DSL, and add a smell phone via my current provider for a reasonable package price. From my p.o.v., I'd be investing in their company and in return I should get a nominal discount. Oh no. They ain't down. Consequently, I use another smell phone provider and I opted to arrange my own landline long distance. If they ain't playing ball, neither am I.

Nonetheless, I digress. I was cruising the local paper online and noticed a story about payphones becoming a thing of the past but they still exist in poorer neighborhoods. Sad to say, in Buffalo, how do you tell? There's a thin line between light rash and pure poverty... However, payphones are starting to fade in the economically depressed areas as plans become more accessible to those who don't have decent incomes or credit histories. It ends with a soon to be 13 year old West side resident remarking that she's supposed to get a cell phone for her birfday. Oy vey. As someone who works in a public facility and sees adolescent inner city displays of faux bling, I find that irritating. These punk ass kids don't treat the phone as a communication tool. They treat it like a tricked out accessory that needs to be screamed into. There's nothing like trying to get work done only to be interrupted because you're subjected to ghetto drama via a one sided cell phone conversation at full volume. I just love waiting on ignorant cell phone users as they talk while I get stuck doing their thinking for them. Since I'm not in my former position, I've eased up on this. If they take a call during a transaction,I generally stop working on their question and go back to what I was doing. F 'em. When they're done talking, I'll continue to help. And in the case of the adolescents groovin' on faux bling that homeless peeps now possess---we still have sec-ur-i-tie and homesquirrel will give 'em a buzz if you keeps buggin' the joint.
Nothing like watching your taxes supplement someone's cheesy lifestyle when you're just hanging on.

0 comments:

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com