CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 03, 2006

What the Hell is Wrong with People?

Yeah, that's a pretty wide open question with a variety of answers but I'll focus on several incidents involving animals in Erie County, New York.
Over the last week or so there have been three stories of animal cruelty. They range from an illegal trap that injured a coyote, a dismembered but still living rabbit left on a doorstep as part of some hex, and a cat beaten within an inch of its life. For details see this link but be fully aware it is tough to stomach. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. Thankfully, the Erie County SPCA exists and they stepped in to help these poor animals. I'm underemployed but I'll find a way to make a small donation as these incidents, made me sick to my stomach. I don't know how SPCA employees do their job. I'd be a basket case. If there is an up side to the above, the cat seems to be improving. That's nothing short of a miracle. I hope that it will recover on an emotional level. I've heard of cruelty cases where animals seem to have post-traumatic stress disorder when anything reminds them of what happened to them.
I'm not sure what the charges would be if the jerk who set the trap is caught. I believe the charges in the other cases are felony animal cruelty. It only amounts to a couple of years in jail. That's not enough for scum who hurt harmless animals. I can only hope instant karma will reach out and get the excrement who committed these heinous acts. I realize we have a lot of problems but when people brutalize animals...society is truly out of control. It only begs the unanswerable question of what the hell is wrong with people?

 
hockey fights at hockeyfights.com